Low Voltage Technician
Low Voltage Technician
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Full time Hourly non exempt
Reports to: Sr Technology Manager
Under the general supervision of the Sr Technology Manager the Low Voltage Technician is responsible for ensuring operation of key network and cable infrastructure systems related to ethernet based systems, IPTV, broadcast video systems, intercom systems, analog phone lines, timing and scoring systems, and video displays. In-person and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Terminate and repair network, video and timing and scoring cables
- Ensure proper event setup of timing and scoring systems, intercom systems and network or analog phone lines
- Install and de-install data network cables, switches & wireless access points in support of events
- Must be skilled at working with copper, fiber and coax cables
- Must be skilled at using test instruments and cable cleaning techniques
- Troubleshooting of all cable types
- Repair or replace damaged IPTV infrastructure or displays
- Repair or replace damaged video board tiles and components
- Assist with AV setups including projectors, screens and portable audio systems
- Repair theatrical lighting, (spot lights & moving head lights) replacing bulbs servicing fans, ect
- Assist shows and events with network, DMX, intercom and video connections
- Maintain spare parts inventory of cables, connectors, consumable parts and displays components
- Work with technical services department on maintenance of broadcast video infrastructure
- Follow safety procedures and maintain safe work environment.
- Report any discrepancies or deficiencies.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and prints
- Must feel comfortable when around large groups or speaking to a guest, as needed.
- Understands the importance of providing customer service.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Will oversee Part Time staff when assigned
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights above ground level
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Prior conventions and/or event experience in an arena, convention center or other similar public assembly facility preferred.
- Preferred IEEE SMPTE Certification
- Preferred DANTE Certification
- Experience with OES, Daktronics or other Timing and Scoring Interfaces
- Preferred BICSI Certification
- CNCI or comparable network certification desired
- Lift or High Lift Certificate preferred
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes, and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations, or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.