IT Helpdesk Techncian
IT Helpdesk Technician
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000-seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: IT Manager
Dickies Arena is seeking an IT Helpdesk Technician to provide management support of our internal Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and the technology systems installed at the arena. This includes supporting internal staff-facing and guest-facing systems, as well as network set up and configuration for weekly events. The successful candidate will be expected to address a wide range of technologies and functions.
- Managing technical support helpdesk, logging and tracking requests in ticket system, responding with resolution.
- Microsoft Windows and Office 365 user environment setup, configuration and management
- Configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Server platforms.
- Manage user helpdesk requests (passwords, printers, phones, laptops, desktops, hardware, software support).
- Performing software patching and upgrades.
- Cisco telephone user support and configuration.
- Support of mobile devices.
- Support moves and changes of user equipment.
- Basic troubleshooting of networking, cabling and wireless.
- Submitting help requests with vendors and following through to resolution
- Installation, setup, configuration of switches, phones, computers and printers for staff.
- Setup of portable switches, phones, printers, computers, wireless and POS for events.
- General knowledge of enterprise switch and routing network.
- Learning and supporting multiple additional technologies as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Computer, networking & telecommunications practices and standards
- Microsoft Office & Windows Desktop Administration/Active Directory
- Cisco networking is a plus
- Good listener & communicator
- Thorough and complete technical problem-solving.
- Conducts work in a neat manner and in accordance with industry best-practices.
- Makes and implements a daily work plan that supports business and operational needs
- Prepares work schedules, procedures, tips, instructions and workflow as necessary
- Documents work and communicates plans to all stakeholders
- Has good written and oral skills
- Self-motivated with ability to make a plan and implement as appropriate
- Understanding network cabling standards and making cables
- Solid troubleshooting and testing skills
The preferred candidate will:
- Have experience with Microsoft Office environment administration and Active Directory
- Possess a Microsoft Windows/Office certified desktop admin certification
- Possess a Cisco CCNA level or higher certification.
- Be willing to work days, evenings and/or weekends as required.
- Possess an outgoing personality suited to providing exceptional customer service, solving problems, and a commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Work well under high pressure situations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Solid knowledge of principles, standards and industry best-practices in the fields of computers, mobile devices, networking, telecommunications, wireless, enterprise office environment, installation, repair, testing and troubleshooting methodologies
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.