Suites Supervisor (Part-Time)
The suites & loge box supervisor is responsible for providing quality and hospitality to our premium guests. As a suites and loge box supervisor, you are responsible for communication between management, FOH staff, culinary, administrative coordinators, and guests. Supervisors work closely with the entire team to ensure productivity and efficiency. Supervisors are responsible for assistance in preparation for events and operational efficiency before, during, and after. The supervisor assists in monitoring staff, ensuring safety, sanitation and responsible service of alcohol, while striving for an optimal experience for guests. Supervisors will actively support any additional needs and objectives of the Dickies Arena Leadership Team. A Suite and Loge Box Supervisor reports to the Suites and Loge Box Management Team and holds a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon the arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and hospitality throughout the Suite Level of the arena
- Responsible for communication between counter parts of the department
- Responsible for organization and preparation of events
- Responsible for assisting in closing out financials per event and ensuring correct billing takes place
- Responsible for supervising team members on non-event and event days
- Direct any other inquiries (not regarding food and beverage) to the correct entity and/or personnel
- Monitor and maintain food quality
- Assist management with monitoring department by maintaining policies and procedures, upholding safety and sanitation standards, and ensuring a positive atmosphere for team members and guests
- Maintain, resolve, and enforce cash handling policies and procedures
- Monitor and enforce safe alcohol policies and procedures
- Monitor and maintain inventory control and product requisition
- Have full knowledge of food and beverage menu items and accompaniments
- Responsible for reporting “important” information to staff
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed
- Support any other tasks as assigned by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Ethical Conduct.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Strategic Thinking.
Exercises general supervision over clerical, administrative and professional staff assigned to the department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will regularly spend most of their shift standing and walking, traversing stairs, with limited to no sitting. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more. Employee must be comfortable with raised volume and/ or dark lighting in specific event settings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 21 years of age
- 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role working in a fast-paced hospitality environment preferred
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, and Outlook)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.