Suites & Loge Box Runner
Reports to: Manager and Supervisor of Suites & Loge Boxes
The Suites & Loge Box Runner is responsible for quality hospitality and customer service. Runners work hand in unison with the pantry coordinator and attendant positions. Runners are responsible for delivering accurate food and beverage orders to the suites on the suites/club level. Runner work with their counter parts to help maintain food quality and hold times and safety / sanitation standards of the department. Runners are to assist with any other task requested by Food & Beverage Management team. It is a Suite Runner’s responsibility to efficiently and quickly prepare orders for the suites before and during the event. They are to assist the servers and pantry coordinators with any task that needs to be completed. After the event, it is the food runner’s job to retrieve dishes from used suites and organize the pantry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Transporting cold and hot food from the pantry to the suites via tri-level cart
- Organize refrigerators with correct beverage orders or in bus tubs
- Cleaning the suites after guests leave
- Maintain clear communication with pantry coordinator
- Clean pantry/maintain clean and organized work space
- Complete the assigned side work for the night
- Visit warehouse on the service level as needed to acquire items low in stock
- Communicate with suite guests in a professional manner during drop offs
- Assist suite attendants with their needs during a rush
- Assist dessert cart by pushing cart and passing out items
- Have full knowledge of food and beverage menu items and accompaniments
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors and/ or managers
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service
- Support any other tasks as assigned by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ethical Conduct
4. Health and Safety
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a restaurant like setting approximately 30 to 40 hours per week. Entire shift will be spent on feet or walking around concourse. Fast paced work in the pantry will be necessary exerting up to 50lbs of force. Expediting food orders will need to be done quickly and efficiently. Pushing a cart is required and can sometimes be heavy. Dessert cart will need to be pushed on each event which requires more physical strength.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Previous restaurant or arena work recommended but not required.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.