Suites & Loge Box Cart Attendant
The Suite & Loge Box Dessert Cart Attendant is responsible for exceptional hospitality and customer service. Suite & Loge Box Dessert Cart Attendants work as the guest facing attendant for the food & beverage experience. They setup, move/relocate/travel with, restock and break-down the carts. The carts travel throughout the arena creating a personalized experience for the guests in our premium areas. The attendant works with their counter parts to help maintain food quality, hold times and safety /sanitation standards of the department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Properly demonstrate the knowledge of correct pushing/pulling and lifting/bending procedures on several floor surfaces including but not limited to; concrete, tile and carpet
- Ensure quality hospitality and customer service through daily event notes regarding set up/ break down of each cart, instructions, and preferences
- Direct any other inquiries (not regarding suites food and beverage) to the correct entity and/or personnel
- Expedite the communication of special food and beverage requests and guest-related issues to the appropriate entities
- Support the premium operations team at Dickies Arena as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by members of the Dickies Arena Management Team
- Verify all coolers, freezers, and dry stock areas pertaining to each dessert carts needs are restocked for following event
- Ensure proper cash handling and check close out at the end of each transaction
- Ensure proper setup regarding food, beverage, and accoutrements for each cart
- Properly clean and discard/return appropriate food and beverage product
- Be visible and ready to assist guests as needed
- Have full knowledge of food and beverage menu items and accompaniments
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Ensure guest orders are completed in a timely manner
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ethical Conduct
4. Health and Safety
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a server like setting approximately 30 to 40 hours per week. Entire shift will be spent on feet or walking around concourse. Fast-paced work in the pantry will be necessary exerting up to 50lbs of force. Setting Dessert Carts and executing each customer order will need to be done quickly and efficiently. They setup, move/relocate/travel with, restock and break-down the carts. The carts travel throughout the arena creating a personalized experience for the guests in our premium areas. Bending and lifting will be required frequently to stock carts, refrigerators and cabinets.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- 1-2 years’ experience as a server or cashier for events
- Previous arena work recommended but not required.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to travel up and down stairs consistently during work shifts
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 40lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.