North Club Server Assistant
Server Assistants are responsible for the general support of the dining experience in the Premium/VIP areas of Dickies Arena. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist server to provide guests an exceptional dining experience
- Deliver food and beverage orders to guests in Premium/VIP seating in a timely and efficient manner
- Set and maintain tables by dropping new linen and place settings and clearing as needed
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items, production specs, ingredients, cooking times and presentation
- Have a complete knowledge of available beer, wine and cocktails
- Work together with co-workers to ensure that guests are receiving the best possible service
- Understand and execute responsible alcohol service as well as sanitation and food safety
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors and/ or managers.
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service.
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ethical Conduct
4. Health and Safety
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a restaurant setting approximately 30 to 40 hours per week. Entire shift will be spent on feet or walking around concourse. Fast-paced work in the club will be necessary exerting up to 40lbs of force. Delivering orders will need to be done quickly and efficiently. Pushing a cart is required and can sometimes be heavy. Bending and lifting will be required regularly to deliver orders and complete sidework.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Previous services experience a plus
- Previous arena experience preferred but not required
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 40lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.