Reports to: Chief Steward/ Culinary Leadership Team
A culinary Lead Dishwasher will support the culinary leadership team with the oversight of all kitchen stewarding operations. The Lead Dishwasher will assist with the supervision of dishwashing staff working throughout all kitchens, as well as, ensure that all safety and sanitation standards are always maintained. The Lead Dishwasher will work closely with all departments to support the organization and long-term management of all smallwares and equipment, as well as, ensure the inventory levels and proper usage of all chemicals. Lead Dishwashers will actively support any additional needs and objectives of the Dickies Arena Leadership Team. The Lead Dishwasher reports to the Culinary Management Team and holds a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon the arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist culinary leadership with the oversight of dishwashing related on-the job training/ efforts of stewarding team members
- Assist culinary leadership with ensuring that all safety and sanitation standards are always maintained in the dishwashing areas
- Ensure that the dishwashing staff is working effectively and efficiently
- Oversee and execute multiple projects in timely manner
- Work in all unique kitchen stations/ locations
- Maintain the organization and inventory levels of all chemicals and cleaning supplies; including the proper storage of mops, brooms, etc.
- Ensure clean wares and dishware are stored and maintained appropriately
- Operate and maintain all cleaning related equipment including tools, dish washing machines, hand wash stations, pot-scrubbing stations, etc.
- Oversee all station set-up and breakdown responsibilities
- Support the organization, storage and perpetual inventory of all smallwares and equipment
- Work closely with all F&B departments to ensure proper acquisition, set-up and return of smallwares and equipment as needed throughout the operation
- Support culinary operations and counterparts as needed throughout the operation
- Work in culinary preparation and pantry spaces throughout the arena
- Have a full understanding of temperature controls and the proper equipment to monitor temperature through filling out daily Time and Temperature logs for your station
- Practice proper work procedures, safety and sanitation standards; especially as it pertains to use of equipment
- Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and in a timely manner to the culinary management team
- Be familiar with the menu items, cooking methods and presentations for all locations
- Partner with the Dickies Arena F&B Leadership team to ensure a successful operation
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
Exercises general supervision over clerical, administrative and professional staff assigned to the department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will regularly spend most of their shift standing and walking, traversing stairs, with limited to no sitting. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more. Employee must be comfortable with raised volume and/ or dark lighting in specific event settings. Exposed to heat from ovens, burners and steam trays; exposed to cutting and slicing equipment and machines with moving parts; required to stand for prolonged periods; exposed to high noise levels from kitchen equipment and guests at arena; required to wear protective clothing; may need to take precautions to avoid exposure to cleaners and fumes.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- 1-2 years+ experience in a leadership role working in a fast-paced hospitality environment preferred
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Display excellent organization skills
- Experience with ordering and inventory controls
- Exceptional organizational skills and prioritization with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Have the ability with little guidance to step in to any kitchen/ storage area and operate at a high level
- Working knowledge of state and local health code requirements
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.