Concession Stand Lead
The Concessions Stand Lead is responsible for overseeing a Concession Stand, including, but not limited to, pre-event setup, event day operations and associated administrative paperwork. A primary function of this position is to serve as a team member liaison and support the development and implementation of new ideas, practices and policies throughout each operation. The Concessions Food & Beverage Stand Lead reports to the Concessions Management Team and is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items, production specifications, ingredients, cooking times and presentations
- Conduct pre-event & post-event Inventory counts
- Ensure the setup for FOH equipment, stanchions, back of house equipment, etc.
- Assign opening, during and closing event duties to assistant leads, cashiers, counter workers, bartenders, bar backs, runners and vendors; as appropriate based on assigned location
- Understand and ensure proper execution of responsible alcohol service
- Understand and maintain proper sanitation and food safety
- Ensure proper documentation is being completed for each shift; including but not limited to: temperature logs, inventory sheets, void sheets, spoilage tracking, etc.
- Provide oversight to all concession’s operations and monitor/ support expeditor efforts, food timing, cashier/ server efficiency & hospitality, etc.
- Assist the Concessions Management Team with training of team members to ensure their success and the success of the department as a whole
- Assist with in-event coaching as it pertains to proper practices/ procedures; communicate with management regarding these efforts following each shift
- Verify all side work has been completed properly and in an appropriate amount of time
- Monitor food and beverage quality and presentation throughout the event
- Monitor stand wait times and escalate concerns when crossing communicated service thresholds
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of all storage areas; i.e. back bars, storage rooms, beverage cages, pantries, walk in coolers, etc.
- Conduct/ complete end of the night walk-throughs to ensure all inventory is secured and all spaces reflect proper sanitation and appearance standards
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Management Team at Dickies Arena
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Ethical Conduct.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Strategic Thinking.
Exercises general supervision over clerical, administrative and professional staff assigned to the department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will regularly spend most of their shift standing and walking, traversing stairs, with limited to no sitting. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more. Employee must be comfortable with raised volume and/ or dark lighting in specific event settings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 21 years of age
- 2 years of experience in a leadership role working in a fast-paced hospitality environment preferred
- Previous experience with a POS system preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Strong communication skills
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.