Clubs Supervisor (Part-Time)
The Clubs Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of restaurant activities including, but not limited to, pre-event setup, event day operations and event specific closing/ check-out. A primary function of this position is to serve as a team member liaison and support the development and implementation of new ideas, practices and policies throughout each operation. The supervisor assists in monitoring staff, ensuring safety, sanitation and responsible service of alcohol, while striving for an optimal experience for guests. The Clubs Supervisor reports to the Clubs Manager and is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Days of week, shifts, hours & total hours per week for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items, production specifications, ingredients, cooking times and presentations
- Assist with pre-event setup including bars, dining room and back of house spaces where/ when appropriate
- Check in all event day requisitions from warehouse
- Understand and ensure proper execution of responsible alcohol service
- Understand and ensure we maintain proper sanitation and food safety
- Ensure proper documentation is completed each shift; including but not limited to: temperature logs, wine and liquor inventory, bar yields, spill logs, spoilage tracking, etc.
- Assist with guest check processing, considering any/all special billing
- Provide oversight to all restaurant/ club operations; expeditor efforts, food timing, server efficiency, etc.
- Complete table touches with guests to monitor/ ensure guest satisfaction and all service steps
- Assist Clubs Manager with training of team members to ensure their success and the success of the department as a whole
- Assist with in-event coaching as it pertains to proper practices/ procedures; communicate with management regarding these efforts following each shift
- Verify all side work has been completed properly and in an appropriate amount of time
- Organize and turn in all daily paperwork; including, but not limited to host rotation sheet, side work chart, liquor counts, requisition forms
- Monitor food and beverage quality/ presentation throughout the event
- Monitor ticket times and escalate concerns when crossing communicated service thresholds
- Work with management to ensure end of the month inventory and theoreticals are accurate
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of all storage areas; i.e. back bars, storage rooms, beverage cages, walk in coolers, etc.
- Conduct/ complete end of the night walk-throughs to ensure all inventory is secured and all spaces reflect proper sanitation and appearance standards
- Partner with the F&B and Dickies Arena Leadership to ensure a successful operation.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
Exercises general supervision over clerical, administrative and professional staff assigned to the department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will regularly spend most of their shift standing and walking, traversing stairs, with limited to no sitting. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more. Employee must be comfortable with raised volume and/ or dark lighting in specific event settings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 21 years of age
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role working in a fast-paced hospitality environment preferred
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, and Outlook)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and proven customer service skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 25lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- POS experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.