Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Assistant Director of Food & Beverage Operations – Food & Beverage
TRAIL DRIVE MANAGEMENT CORP. – DICKIES ARENA OF FORT WORTH, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Non - Exempt Full Time
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage Operations will assist the Director of Food & Beverage to ensure the ongoing success of Dickies Arena, as well as, its in-house food and beverage operations. They will partner to ensure annual sales and profits throughout the food & beverage operation are appropriately established and consistently achieved. The Assistant Director of Food and Beverage Operations will have direct oversight of specific food and beverage department leaders; and while supporting ongoing development ensure short and long-term accountability for menu development, event staffing, event planning and budget management for those areas. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is provided, alcoholic beverages are served safely, food quality and sanitation standards are always maintained.
Essential Duties (include, but are not limited to the following):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Partner with Dickies Arena & Food and Beverage department leadership to ensure a successful arena and F&B operations
- Assist with the ongoing establishment and enforcement of Dickies Arena policies
- Work closely with other team members and other departments to ensure department specific procedures, tasks and goals are met, consistent and effective communication occurs, efficient operational performance and a positive reputation of the venue within the market/ industry is maintained
- Support the concept development and operating plan establishment for all food and beverage areas, with specific focus on Concessions, Clubs and Suites
- Assist in the development of promotions and programs to enhance the guest experience
- Support the hiring, training, staffing and scheduling of food and beverage team members
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is always received
- Build and maintain strong relationships with venue staff, sponsors, clients, guests, subcontractors, etc.
- Regularly obtain feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
- Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
- Conduct routine staff meetings to discuss procedures, problems, policy changes, daily & event activity and any other department specific items.
- Ensure team members and department leaders have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
- Follow and enforce policies associated with the safe service of all alcoholic beverages
- Responsible for enforcing, executing and maintaining all safety, security and sanitation standards throughout the venue
- Responsible for ensuring food quality in presentation and production
- Oversee and support the mentorship and development of F&B managers, supervisors and team members on a daily basis
- Ensure that daily walkthroughs are being conducted in both FOH and BOH for every event
- Thoroughly and accurately use all selected systems (Purchasing, Point-of-sale, Work Force Management and more)
- Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget and make recommendations for annual capital improvement purchases and projects for long range repairs and improvements to the venue
- Assist in preparation of sponsor agreements, as well as, vendor proposals for materials to support F&B operations
- Achieve daily sales and assigned cost goals
- Achieve assigned annual budget goals
- Contributes to required daily reporting
- Contributes to completion of required department reports and assists in compiling information at month end closing
- Mentors department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities
- Engage with the Dickies Arena management team in coordination of decision making for facility specific or event related items as well as department specific procedures, tasks and goals including but not limited to President & General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Director of Finance, Director of Marketing, Director of Food & Beverage.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Director of Food and Beverage and the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in food & beverage operations with 5+ years in a supervisory/management capacity. Experience in a sports and/ or entertainment venue strongly preferred. Experience working within a self-operated food & beverage operation strongly preferred
- Previous experience leading large teams; inclusive of managers, supervisors and part-time team members (150+ strongly preferred)
- Previous experience operating a large sport and/or entertainment venue strongly preferred
- Previous experience establishing and/or working in an in-house food and beverage operationstrongly preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge in and experience with food and beverage operational procedures, budgeting, menu development, menu costing, short and long-term event planning
- Demonstrate knowledge in and experience with team member recruitment, training, development, mentoring and counseling
- Demonstrate ability to complete projects in a reliable, productive and expedient manner while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office
- Experience implementing and operating Point of Sale and purchasing related technology
- Experience with computerized work force management software strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members
- Superior internal and external customer service experience
- Self-motivated with strong client relations and staff management skills; previous sponsor and partner experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in fluctuating temperatures
- English reading, writing, comprehension, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone and radio correspondence
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned; visual inspection involving small errors and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly parts at distances close to the eyes
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a POS system, computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors but do require frequent movement in and out of controlled temperature units such as refrigerators and/or freezers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. Employee will be occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, year-round. Employee will be exposed to and working in extreme temperatures when utilizing various pieces of equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.