24/7 Security Guard
Job Description The Security Officer is responsible for the incident reporting, and general security operations directly associated with protecting the facility, its patrons, employees and interest of the organization. This includes the protection of all Dickies Arena infrastructure and assets. Security officer personnel, will complete required training, work varying schedules, investigate incidents, complete reports, and patrol the facility. This includes being proficient in operating security systems, including two-way radios, CCTVs, and screening systems.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Patrols the facility as directed to prevent or minimize property loss, property damage, personal injury, or situations having a negative impact on the organization.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance through issuance of visitor’s badge or check of credentials of employees, guests and others to ensure the safety and security of the facility.
- Unlocks and secures doors before and after events as directed.
- Move barricades to secure/open specific areas in and around the arena as needed.
- Operate security vehicles including golf carts for patrol and response to calls/incidents.
- Conducts proper investigation and inquiries into all incidents, accidents, security issues, and situations impacting the facility or Organization’s interest, its employees, partners and guests to include but not limited to damages, losses, safety matters, or injury. Provides detailed reports to the Security Supervisor and Safety & Security Manager.
- Ensures an understanding and compliance with all guidance, instruction, policies and procedures of the organization and the proper execution of assigned duties.
- Completes on going, in-service training for all security personnel, maintaining all certifications and required training as specified.
- Ensures all shift related issues, observations and critical information is documented, verified, and accurately reported to the appropriate decision maker in a timely fashion.
- Operates detecting devices to screen individuals or packages and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Responsible for monitoring security systems, work communications equipment and reporting any issues with the facility systems during assigned shifts.
- Completes all duties as otherwise assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility None
Physical demands While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position requiring rotating shift work. Days and hours of work may vary.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Associate’s Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminology or a related field preferred.
- Candidate should have a background in corporate security, loss prevention, military or law enforcement and operating within a diverse workforce at major public venues.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the military, security, law enforcement or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be eligible to obtain a Texas Guard Card
- Must show good judgment and common sense
- Follow directions and directives from supervisors
- Follow the organization’s policies and guidelines.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude
- Ability to function well during a critical or emergency incident.
- Able to work overnight shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Fluently bilingual English / Spanish strongly preferred
- Excess walking of up to four (4) hours per day
- Ability to perform CPR and other first aid procedures
- Ability to lift and move barricades
- Possess a current Texas Driver’s License
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.