Operations Specialist IRA- Fort Worth
For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $2.5 billion in USD assets and serves over 250,000 members through 16 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is looking for a Operations IRA Specialist to safeguard the soundness of the credit unions IRA portfolio by providing support and expertise. This position will be eligible for a sign on bonus of $500.00.
Operations IRA Specialist is responsible for providing accurate and thorough operational and processing support in all IRA products and assigned functions within the department, while ensuring proper processing and maintenance of IRA products and services in accordance with department and regulatory guidelines and within prescribed deadlines. This position will support all retail staff in the establishment and maintenance of IRA Account products. This role will assist, and answer member phone calls and emails related to IRA and HSA. Maintains permanent, pending, and closed IRA files and is responsible for the reviewing and maintaining daily reports. Audit incoming IRA documentation.
Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training. Work involves personal contact with members and others inside and outside of the organization, regarding all EECU products and services, including IRA’s for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating, or referring. Communication require longer and in-depth discussions much of the time. Ability to project a professional image in training and meetings with members, employees and/or management to discuss the IRA program.
Additional operational duties to be assigned, such as assisting other core areas I the operations department.
Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, Reg DD, Reg E, Reg CC, Reg Z, Reg B, FCRA/FACTA, and Service Members Civil Relief.
Candidate for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred or 2 – 3 years financial experience preferred.
- IRA Certification required.
- Specialized knowledge related to IRAs, HSAs, and IRS & HSA compliance.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to explain and resolve problems with the membership.
- Maintain knowledge of everchanging regulations related to IRA and HSA accounts.
- IRA tax reporting and corrections for 1099-R experience required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to project a professional image in meeting with sponsor employee groups and/or their management to discuss the IRA program.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to work with time constraints, deadlines and change of workflow.
- Ability to utilize various levels of technology.
- Development of and apply financial standards.
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and benefits please visit EECU Careers at www.eecu.org/careers.