Indirect Credit Analyst
For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $2.5 billion in USD assets and serves over 225,000 members through 16 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is looking for an Indirect Underwriter that be responsible for making a thorough loan decision in a fast pace environment. Responsible for underwriting all auto loans that originate at an indirect dealership. This position is eligible for a $500.00 Sign on Bonus.
Key Responsibilities for the Indirect Underwriter are must possess the ability to understand and implement the lending guidelines to maintain an acceptable credit risk. Loans submitted through indirect must comply with EECU’s lending criteria and SOP’s, as well as State requirements; therefore, Underwriter must maintain working knowledge of all State and Federal guidelines, as well as EECU’s internal policies. The Indirect Underwriter will be directly responsible for responding to dealers in a timely manner on all loan applications and requesting the contacts are submitted to EECU for all approved loan requests. Will work directly with the dealer any contracts issues that fall outside of original approval. Position requires diplomacy and tact in working directly with dealers. Indirect Underwriter will provide additional assistance in obtaining any outstanding chargeback, dealer reserve, and lien perfection on indirect accounts. Indirect Underwriter will call on dealers to assist in building strong dealer relationships. Indirect Underwriter will provide assistance on calculating chargeback’s and dealer reserves to ensure compliance. Indirect Underwriter is also responsible for maintaining a charge-off portfolio of less than 1%. Position will require feedback to management from the dealers, to allow management the opportunity to adjust the indirect lending program. Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, Reg B, Reg Z, Service Members Civil Relief, and FCRA/FACTA. Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- 3 years underwriting experience with indirect lending
- Must possess a level of patience when dealing with dealers in order to facilitate a proper lending decision.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excel knowledge is preferred. Must be goal oriented Proficient computer skills and advance
- Requires sales or customer service background
- Knowledge of the credit union operations
- Must be an experienced underwriter, preferably with an indirect lending background
- Must have analytical skills, and be computer proficient
- A high school degree or equivalent is required with a college degree or business related education is preferred.
- EECU will, in compliance with applicable laws, evaluate an applicant's credit history. Only applicants with good credit history will be considered for open positions.
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and benefits please visit EECU Careers at www.eecu.org/careers.