Collections Representative - Late-stage Collections
Looking in a Collections position at EECU?
EECU is looking for a Collections Representative that will negotiate payment arrangements, workouts, and credit counseling as appropriate to assist members with their financial obligations.
Location - Fort Worth.
Key responsibilities for this position will be to collect late stage (60+ days past due) delinquent accounts. Conduct skip tracing and submit accounts for repossession as required. Establish payment arrangements, provide credit counselling, set and enforce deadlines. Recommend and process loan extensions or workouts. Properly apply laws relating to debt collection, privacy and bankruptcy. Recognize internal process failures that may cause erroneous reporting of delinquency. Must be able to audit loans and explain calculations to co-workers and members.
Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, FCRA/FACTA and Fair Debt Collections Act. Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- 1-2 years collection experience in automobile, mortgage, or credit card portfolio; late-stage preferred
- Two years customer service experience
- In-depth knowledge of collection laws and general familiarity with bankruptcy laws
- Must understand Collateral Protection Insurance
- Requires ability to effectively communicate, diffuse tension and calm members.
- Requires the ability to effectively negotiate acceptable repayment arrangements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule Monday through Saturday
- Bilingual (Spanish) speaking preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- EECU will, in compliance with applicable laws, evaluate an applicant's credit history. Only applicants with good credit history will be considered for open positions.
- Starts at $18, based on experience
For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $3.3 billion in USD assets and serves over 260,000 members through 18 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans' status or on the basis of disability.