Trail Drive Management Corp. managing company of Dickies Arena located in Fort Worth Texas
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Salary: Salary for this position is commensurate with education and job experience.
Reports to: Sr. Staff Accountant
The purpose of the position is to perform daily accounting and administrative functions. In-person and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Prepare and Process journal entries for various sources in the organization.
- Daily detailed manipulation of excel data for journal entry imports into the system
- Daily Box Office Sales Journals and Cash Receipts journals
- Assist in processing for Accounts Receivable
- Assist in processing for Accounts Payable
- Work within the accounting team and overall be a team player in the company.
- Prepare select event settlements & sales journals.
- Assist with developing and maintaining standard operating procedures for accounting processes when applicable
- Provide financial reporting as requested by supervisor
- Facilitate month-end, quarter-end and year-end close tasks.
- Apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and auditing work.
- Complete special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work nights and weekends (event driven)
- Excellent attention to detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Excellent Excel knowledge including pivot tables and vlookups
- Strong planning skills: Able to manage multiple projects; determines project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks.
- Excellent relationship management: Able to develop rapport and positive professional relationships with others; builds and maintains long-term associations; helps others.
- Ability to prioritize: Able to use sound judgment in evaluating the relative urgency of various issues; appropriately classifies in terms of time sensitivity, impact, complexity, importance, etc.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- One of the following:
- 0-2 years of professional accounting experience in conjunction with a four-year degree in accounting from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, or a closely related field, OR
- 3-5 industry accounting experience
- Some experience in arena management industry preferred but not required.
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working with all levels of management.
- Excellent with use of Excel, Microsoft Office, and Outlook computer skills required.
- Ability to adapt to new systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SAGE INTACCT or other Accounting Software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.