North Texas Community Foundation (NTCF) is looking for a responsible individual for our organization as a Grants Administrator. This person must be familiar with data entry and be very diligent about processes and the commitment to ethical and confidential use of information. Must be proficient in problem solving and analytical skills and eager to work within our software applications in multiple capacities. Will work with the Controller and must have good people skills and be a team player for small office of professionals working in philanthropy.
- Process grants from multiple sources to include due diligence and adhering to current process schedules.
- Maintain grant records and correspondence to non-profit grantees. Notify fund holders of grant disbursements from their funds.
- Maintain schedules for recurring grants distributions and ensure processing in a timely manner.
- Communicate with fund holders regarding procedures, due diligence, and/or nonprofit grant questions.
- Document grant procedures including electronic archiving of old records. Maintain document retention on all grant files.
- Follow up on outstanding payments that are over two months old with original grantee recipient.
- Produce summarized grant information and reports as needed for Board presentations and packages.
- Maintain and update NTCF profile on both Guidestar and Charity Navigator, the primary non-profit evaluation tools available.
- Learn and understand the roles of other finance/accounting team members to enhance readiness to assist when needed.
- Perform grant analysis as required using tools available such as foundation software and MS Excel.
- Participate and contribute to process improvement exercises.
- Respond and support annual audit requests related to grants administration and payments.
- Support system upgrades/enhancements related to grants administration as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Uphold the commitment to ethical and confidential use of information.
- Accomplished communication and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including being detail-oriented, the ability to work independently, prioritize and manage tasks efficiently and effectively within deadlines, and manage office workflows.
- Proficient in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player – ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, email, internet browsers, with ability to learn specialized data base software easily.
- Some college preferred with an emphasis on business.
- Minimum five years of relevant accounting/bookkeeping experience.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education and/or experience may be considered.
For more information about North Texas Community Foundation, visit: www.northtexascf.org