Accounting and Human Resources Specialist
Are you detail oriented?
Are you accurate with your work?
Are you friendly and outgoing?
If you answered yes we are looking for you!!!
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County is accepting applications for the Accounting and Human Resources Specialist. Duties include but not limited to payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, leave administration, benefits administration, hiring, onboarding, offboarding, records management and administrative duties.
This job is performed in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud and at times loud. Work sites are located in low income areas, challenging neighborhoods, and growth neighborhoods. There is potential for exposure to germs and illnesses. Employees are to follow all safety procedures and protocols.
This is an entry level position.
Education and Work Experience
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Business or similar major OR high school diploma/equivalent experience
- PHR or Payroll certification preferred
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
- Ability to work regular business hours
- Ability to accurately handle multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy
- Ability to build rapport and relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to think critically and logically
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Efficient typing skills and administrative or clerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and possess good judgement
- Experience with MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Word, and computer software
- Knowledge of basic human resources principles and practices
- Must be able to pass agency background screens and drug screen at any time
- Position requires driving personal vehicle. Candidate must have satisfactory driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and liability insurance for operation of a motor vehicle relevant to carrying out duties
- Experience with various human resources and/or accounting software/database
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Knowledge or experience with grants and/or contracts
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement with 5% match, Holiday, PTO
Keywords: employee engagement, human resources, administrative, community, non profit, not for profit, charity, full time, payroll, accounting, finance