24/7 Assistant Security Supervisor (Full-Time)
Dickies Arena, Trail Drive Management Corp
24/7 ASSISTANT SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Full-Time)
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp. (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Non-exempt Full Time
Reports to: Safety & Security Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist with the supervisor conduct inspections at the start of each shift to ensure the professional appearance of the entire facility security team assigned to the site, and that each security officer is mentally and physically ready to perform the role up to the standards established.
- Assist with managing the quality and accuracy of all the daily activity reports/logs and incident reports generated at the site by reviewing the information against security camera footage, then making amendments or adjustments if needed.
- Assist in final coordination, placement and selection of all security infrastructure and equipment during the construction of Dickies Arena.
- Assist in implementing site security, operations, and activities to ensure protection of employees, customers, promoters & talent, athletes and other stakeholders, visitors, etc. and physical and information assets, while ensuring optimal use of personnel and equipment.
- Determine the threat level of any issue/incident and decide immediate plan of action and direct security team appropriately.
- The safety and security department will work with the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo as well as all other events and promoters to ensure a seamless flow of event operations.
- Assist in properly documenting, updating, maintaining and communicating all departmental policies and procedures in a clear and orderly manner.
- Contact law enforcement partners to obtain relevant information on issues within the surrounding community to understand the impact on the arena, and decide appropriate actions to be taken by security team.
- Communicate any relevant issues/threats to the Security Supervisor and Manager and inform how the issues are being dealt with/handled, or actions taken.
- Help maintain and implement standard operating procedures for the security department to ensure compliance.
- Assist in maintaining procedures and training for safety and security personnel that will enable them to accurately prepare and file reports regarding all safety and security incidents in and around Dickies Arena.
- Provide quality control oversight of all uniforms and equipment needed by Dickies Arena security staff to perform their duties and responsibilities.
- Assist with maintaining a positive and productive work environment and ensuring that Dickies Arena’s commitment to such an environment is communicated to and adhered to by all subordinates and contractors.
- Conduct security briefings with security officer staff on safety and security matters as needed.
- Maintain a professional, service-oriented relationship with fans/guests attending arena events.
- Assist and participate in conducting and developing periodical performance appraisals and corrective action plans of the facility security officers assigned to the site.
- Complete all duties as assigned, on a timely basis, and with a high degree of professionalism.
Supervisory ResponsibilityExercises general supervision over 24/7 Security Officers
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position requiring rotating shift scheduling. Days and hours of work vary.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experiences.
- 1-3 years of related work experience in a high-profile sports and entertainment venue or equivalent experience in managing security officers and law enforcement.
- Candidate should have a background in corporate security, loss prevention, military or law enforcement and operating within a diverse workforce at major public venues.
- Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure without loss of composure; exhibit maturity by making sound judgements.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the performance and conduct of the entire facility security team assigned to the site.
- Ability to exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff and lead by example; maintain good business relations with all employees and managers.
- Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
- Ability to lead and participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and trainings.
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Associate Life Safety Code regulations as well as NFPA Crowd Managers, Assembly Occupancies and SFPE Handbook.
- Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to supervise effectively, fairly, and efficiently.
- Must have a current Texas guard card or be willing and able to obtain one prior to employment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- Superior customer service experience.
- Must meet or exceed the standards which include the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a high school graduate or possess equivalency
- Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any Federal or State laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substances. No pre-trial intervention, no conviction of class A misdemeanor or felony within last 5 years or class B misdemeanor or felony unless a full pardon has been granted.
- Not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States
- Have good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by the employing agency
- Be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnosis and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-11) of the American Psychiatric Association.Applicants must be certified as meeting these criteria by a qualified professional in the psychiatric or psychological fields