Mortgage Loan Originator
For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $2.2 billion in USD assets and serves over 200,000 members through 14 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is looking for a Mortgage Loan Originator to originate and issue pre-qualifications and pre-approvals on all Real Estate loan request in the LOS system Encompass. This entails, but not limited to Purchase Money, (Conventional, FHA, VA), Home Equity, HELOC, Home Improvement, Interim Construction, Land, and Other Real Estate loan applications. This position has an Hourly Base Compensation structure and eligible for monthly incentives based on performance.
Key responsibilities for this position will be to work directly with the Processors and Underwriters on mortgage loan submissions. MLO must maintain working knowledge of all FNMA, FHLMC, Ginnie Mae guidelines, as well as EECU’s internal policies and procedures. Strong sales ability required to place applicant in the correct loan product and sell advantages of choosing EECU as their lender. The MLO will provide additional assistance in obtaining any outstanding items to help facilitate the closing of the loan. Must be proficient in calculating debt ratios, loan to value ratios, and analyzing credit reports, DU/LP underwriting findings, title work/abstracts, appraisals, sales contracts, flood certificates, surveys, insurance taxes, exemptions, escrow analysis, private mortgage insurance (PMI) and extensive knowledge of all loan types offered. Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, TRID, ATR/QM, Reg Z, FCRA/FACTA, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Housing Act, Flood Disaster Protection Act and Homeowner’s Protection Act.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- 3-5 years originating loans for the secondary market
- Current NMLS number required
- Must have the analytical abilities to evaluate credit reports, title work/abstracts, appraisals, flood certificates, surveys
- Must have the analytical abilities to evaluate credit reports, title work/abstracts, appraisals, flood certificates, surveys (duplicate)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and within strict time deadlines required
- Must have clear understanding of all documentation disclosed
- Encompass Origination Software System preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college preferred
- Hourly Base Compensation Structure plus incentives
- Bi-Lingual is a PLUS but not necessary
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and our best in class benefits please visit EECU Careers.